Do: Nov 14, 2023
Job Experiences: 2 Year
If you are an experienced Despatch Manager with excellent organisational and communication skills, we want to hear from you.
Here at Birtwistle’s, we pride ourselves on being a people-focused business. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope, and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business and is reflected in our mission, vision, and values statements.
The Night Loading Manager reports to the Transport Manager and the main purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of all aspects of transport and goods despatch.
Core working hours are five nights a week on a rotating rota, Sunday to Friday, 20:00 - 06:00, with every Saturday night plus an additional night off.
To be successful in this Night Loading Manager role, we require someone with a friendly personality and the ability to be able to develop good working relationships across the business and manage and develop their team.
* To organise, oversee, and load vehicles, prioritising routes and workload.
* Day-to-day management of the night loading team including rota planning, holiday management, staff training and development, team building, and disciplinaries.
* Communication with colleagues regarding any incidents relating to vehicle accidents, incidents, and breakdowns.
* Reporting daily to the Transport Manager.
* Overall responsibility for the security of the despatch bays, rear yard, and all vehicles.
* Work closely with the order make-up department to continually improve vehicle despatch times.
We would welcome applications for this Night Loading Manager role from candidates with the following skills: loading management/supervision, FLT, SLAs, communication, leadership, people management, warehouse, transport, and vehicle routing.
* Discounted staff sales
* Free car parking
* Employee of the Month bonus
* Birthday vouchers
* Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to develop good working relationships with managers in other areas of the business, to deliver the common goals of the business in terms of profitability and provision of agreed service levels to customers.
* Experience in team management and development
* Absence management
* Good organisational skills
* Willingness to embrace change and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* A background in FMCG or working in a chilled meat/poultry environment is preferable but not essential.
* A current FLT licence (both Reach and Counterbalance)
* Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft applications
Birtwistle’s started life as a family butcher over 100 years ago. Since then, the business has changed dramatically and none more so than in recent years.
In 2003 MJ Birtwistle & Co Ltd was established and marked the start of a new era in our history. Since then, growth has been dramatic, with the business expanding from one site at Worsley to 8 sites across the UK.
We’re always looking for great people to come and work with us. If you’ve got the right passion, drive, and will to succeed then we’ll nurture it and give you the opportunities to forge a successful career at Birtwistle’s.
Smart Recruit Online
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom